Sunday 3 November 2013

Chameleon (And NO... this is not a Boy George's song!)



Although I have not been blogging for a while, I have been drawing, painting and doing art installations. If you think I can draw anime, think again! I can also do some other stuff. I was introduced to Brenda York by my art teacher. I like her art because her paintings are abstract and even weird, they are beautiful and colourful. If you want to know more about Brenda York, you can go to this website: http://www.brendayork.com/ . Yes, she still paints and she is a modern artist. She likes to draw faces.

In August this year, I attempted to paint a face, using Brenda's style. This art piece is called : The Chameleon. A chameleon has super camouflaging powers. Sometimes, we also are like chameleon because we play many roles. We are children, pupils, playmate, netball players, friends, neighbours etc all squeezed into one person! My drawing tried to show this. I used acrylic paint to do this painting. I took 2 whole days to complete this piece. I enjoyed this medium as the colours came out very strongly.

I hope to see your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment