Sunday 3 November 2013

My Debut @ Cosfest 2013


Hello! Sorry for not updating  my blog for quite some time. Yesterday, on 7 July 2013, I attended Cosfest at Downtown East. I went as the character called Matryoshka by Gumi and Hatsune Miku. Gumi and Hatsune Miku are also known as Vocaloids which are singing voice synthesizers.     

The character that I am Cosplaying!
I chose this character as it was rather simple to dress up as and I really like their music. I only started doing the costume a day before the event.

On Saturday, 6 July, I started drawing the buildings on top of the character’s head. I used marker pens and drew the high-rise buildings on drawing paper. Then on Sunday morning, my mom took me to Maple House at People’s Park to buy more materials such as a green wig, biker gloves, glue and face paint. When I returned home in the afternoon, I set to work on securing the buildings onto the hairband with scotch tape. It was difficult, but I did it!! After that, I applied face paint onto my face. I used mostly black and white. I had to re-do it because I had used so much black that I looked like the lead singer of Kiss!

We went off at about 4pm. Once we arrived at Downtown East, we saw a lot of cosplayers there. I recognised Naruto, Bleach, Attack on Titan and many, many more. I must have been one of the youngest there as most were in their late teens or twenties. I felt overwhelmed as when I saw other people’s costumes, it looked as if they had spent a bomb on it. Nevertheless, I felt happy because everything that I did was all done by myself. Both Daddy and Mommy were very proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment